The Village is Mine!

Life is full, full of it's travesties and tragedies. We are beyond adversity. I am a fierce warrior in a far off land. Is that a cliché? Is that? I feel like I am talking to myself and the dead lay at my feet in numbers. Time has perturbed the wasted. I had but one day and I am at the finale. I am accursed, I am asunder. I must resume my post after one day of rest and 37 days of haste. I am in a medieval village and it was full of costumes in numbers. Prose and poesy did abound in my festival town.

Avignon has just had a theatre festival for which I was employed. It was full of many days (37) and long, long hours. The festival itself ran from July 6th to July 28th. There are two components - The IN and The OFF. The IN had far fewer productions but included the productions invited and paid for by the festival. While the OFF was composed of numerous troupes trying to sell their show, gain recognition and/or exposure. And, I presume, for the love of theatre. Buildings that have been shuttered were aired and dressed and ran performances all day, long and late. Life in Avignon transformed. People coursed the streets, long and late. Voices were heard forever from my windowsill. Stillness was rarely found. Many faces became familiar, many images, many players: and they have all now disappeared.


I like the calm.

If you are wondering how I am? I am washing the grit out of my hair, scraping the black from my feet, and dusting everything I own. I am facing my own resolutions. There is dust inside of me. Rest will revive me, grant me purpose - everything returns. The earth circles the moon - in my world anyhow. Love, life and the best of all human tragedies - lest we feel.....


Comments

Reilly Owens said…
Welcome back, little dove. I'm glad it's finally over. You worked so hard. Have a ginger ale!

I like your post, the fanciful prose. Are you watching Shakespeare, too? I've been practicing my low, booming voice. One of my most recent dreams (the last few years) was to become a Shakespearean actor, if only to be a better speaker.

I miss you, sweetheart.
Cathy said…
Court you should really consider being a writer. Your insights into life and reflections on it are awesome! Love you, mom