WRAITH


The sun burns my flesh, on a cold winter day.

It is so lovely,
The river is burgeoning over the landings,
Is it even May?

You bludgeon me,
On a cold winters day.
What are we to do,

Ever in a forestall.


Tumbling we fall,
The wind forces violence upon
you -
We float,

Lifted by the base of her smile

How will life be in that tortured boat?
Blown this way and that,
The warmth turns to chilling rain.
I suffer her pain

Love is of the deadliest sorts.


I hope we'll have it sorted out for tomorrow -
I died one of many deaths, as usual

Just to hear the news
- souffle -

Just to hear the news...

Lest we grow old
I will love you

Lest we grow impoverished

I will yearn for you

There is no fear,

You've lost your rival!
Off with your head, Queen Anne's dead!
Enjoy the day, as the sun beats wild about you.

Comments

Reilly Owens said…
Beauty, we underestimate you. You hide your talent from us. What else do I fail to see? Rome wasn't built in a day, but can it be destroyed in one?