The other day

Yesterday I was running beside the Rhône. Loving life. As euphoria was setting in, I realized I have had so many amazing experiences in my life and so many things to be thankful for. I heave. I have an amazing talent for not being able to see the forest through the trees. This is my syllabus. My points in history to reference from.


I walked through a real life Ewok village in North Vancouver. I've driven long snowy highways to believe in love. I've danced with freedom. I've danced for freedom. I've enjoyed romantic evenings in Central Park. I taught my puppy to smell the roses. I saw David Bowie perform with Arcade Fire - by accident. I've avoided death, somehow. I've seen fireworks from rooftops in Manhattan at one in the morning...

Once, I spent a hot afternoon in ParkSlope Brooklyn living an illusion - the illusion was mine! I was with a NewYork troupe who called themselves, the Galaxy Girls or maybe it was BodyTemple. We wore colourful costumes exposing much flesh with glitter make-up and face paint, we passed the day under a tree teaching people how to hula hoop and pumping up the crowd. While Spearhead and Michael Franti were performing 'Stay Human', all of us 'freaky people' got up on stage and danced. That's what we were there for and it was worth it.


I've been to SweatLodge ceremonies with Indigenous healers, animal guides and precious gems. I've learned to ground. Trees! I've discovered my passions, my loves and found treasures - in me! I know me.


Many of my dreams have come true. With a little help and a tremendous amount of support from my friends and loved ones.

I live in Europe, in a walled city with a palace. I have the innate skills to become a healer. I have glided down snow capped mountains, and taken gondolas up green ones. I have owned my own home. I have vocalized before the Grand Canyon. I hear more than you will ever know. The bird of hope in my heart, it coos joy! I have felt such a depth of love that I have broken, and it's been all right. I've been to the Badlands. I have courage.

I've taken my own Tragically Hip photos - just like the ones on the websites.



I've been witness to a Christo and Jeanne-Claude exhibit. I have debated Mona Lisa's smile in her presence, I preferred Acrumboldo's seasons. I know what a beautiful thing a harvest moon really is, I learned when I was eleven and the light cast golden shadows over sparkling, pure, undiluted, untouched, brilliant snow. I have had friends, strangers, and near enemies tap into my knowledge of medicinal plants and trust my information to support their healing. I have grown!

I've had fun! I've laughed, I've wailed, I've cried and I've laughed again - so hard you couldn't hear a sound! I rode the BigShot - by myself.


I have also been privy to many secrets and heartfelt disclosures. I am blessed with good people in my life. There are faces I wish I could rest my hands upon, women I'd love to scream with. I have found a princess on a sod farm. I have vanquished formerly knowns and accepted unknowns. I try to see myself clearly and not blame anyone else.

A true self is welling up and out, it has been coming. I have been becoming.


Today was rough. All that euphoric optimism was pushed into the shadows - or maybe the shadows were oppressing the light. I was worried, I was sad, I was... the never ending eulogy. But, really, I had this piece ready. Also, I had the patient and everlasting Atticus by my side to help me through. I love you, my advocate.

I love you Courtney C; that's to me.

Have a goodnight. Do what's right, whether it be. Love thyself, love from me - take thee and be.

Comments