I'm not your Guardian










She kept a secret,
It's hidden in the rhyme:

We all stand the test of time

I am sheltered in the knowing that I will continue
I will sow, I will swallow - - -
Dusts of tomorrow.
I will sorrow

Tranquil

I will.
What does that delineate?
What is my fate?
You and me on the mezzanine?
I don't think so, squeaks through my brain - with death, sarcastic and defiant!

Clever optimism
I hear it on the radio - who are those kids anyway?
Optimal dejection creating room for creative objection
Can it be less fatal?
Do we all lose it in the end.

What does it matter anyway,
we're all going to die...

Where is that guy, the man I see in the mirror?
The one I saw everywhere,
A decade later.

(SCREAM)

Where is that man?

Here, in my heart AND in my home.
Whether I like it or not,
I've lost -

I'm not rid of the past
I am not rid of the doubt and the pain
The destruction happens again

All in the name of my god, a man
He took and he took and EVEryone swung
Monkey's crawling the walls of my mothers beD.....

I'm lost
Once - Twice - NO, not again !
I've given up
Hope's lost
No hospital jokes please
I'm not waiting in line
I'll leave

Wastes, crying on the breeze - Wash.
Washing up?
I'm done here.

She turns her head, her hair has grown, flashing her face in depth. The wind breaks, her skirt follows her body. "Where is that train?"



Comments

Unknown said…
I love your pictures, is that Nelson in one of them? Did you take them all?
Luv you sister!
Cathy said…
Hi Court,
Did you write this? Beautiful pictures, love you mom!
Cathy said…
I apologize for wondering if you wrote this for after reading your whole blog, I now know that all of this is from your heart...you have some exceptional talents..poet, sage, writer, caring citizen of the earth!
Courtney C said…
Hey Jo, I took the pictures in Wraith (it's possible the ducks were shot by Atticus - we were competing for best duck picture,) and Scarlett Red. Also - all but the flowers in I'm Not Your Guardian, the bench (upper right) and the Georgia Straight are mine. That's definitely Nelson, good eye. None in Yarrow or Spring Cleaning. Only the buttercups in Buttercups is my image and I took it with my cellphone in the possibly snake infested field. I'm inquiring with other locals, there is a possibility that it's not so bad and I may be able to return! Love you - C